This article will teach you how to begin any crocheted project. The chain is the foundation of any project you may build.
- Tie a slipknot in the beginning of your yarn strand.
- Put loop onto your crochet hook.
- Wrap yarn once over hook in front of the loop.
- Pull new loop through first loop on the hook.
- Repeat until chain becomes the desired length.
- Cut yarn about two inches after the hook.
- Pull the strand through the last loop and pull tight, this is called finishing off. (In an actual pattern, you would not finish off unless the pattern told you to.)